Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Nomar's Return (& My Return to Blogging)



It's been a couple of weeks since my last blog post, and even longer since my last Sox-related blog post, so my apologies for the delay.

Last night was the first time Nomar had been back at Fenway since getting traded in the middle of the 2004 season. Everyone around here knows what a huge deal it was at the time, and everyone anywhere knows what happened at the end of that season. Shoot, it was such a big deal it even made it into a best man's speech I gave (believe me, it was relevant).

The fans gave him a minute-long standing ovation and as I was photographing it through a 400mm I could see him getting choked up. I was glad that the fans did that because what is the point of holding a grudge?

1 comment:

  1. Wish I could have been there.Nice& well deserved, welcome from the fans.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete